On 04/12/15 20:12, Jason Adams wrote:
> On 04/11/2015 06:01 AM, IMAP List Administration wrote:
>> The trouble began immediately. I chose electronic wire transfer as the
>> payment
>> method,
>
> Its not 1929 any more. I'm utterly suprised the store still offers wire
> transfer.
>
> In my day job, we refuse wire transfers.  We would rather lose a customer
> than deal
> with it unless the invoice is several thousand dollars.  Its too much work
> (on both ends)
> and one never gets the invoice amount, as the banks charge fees on both ends.

Not in Europe. Actually, the most money transfers here are done by wire
transfer, as it's for free.

> What should have been an automated order now requites human intervention on
> both ends, plus any transcription error along the way sends your money to
> no-man's land.

Not in Europe and the process of matching the payments should be
automated anyway.

> Even the store's handling of PayPal is obsolete, requiring two steps, and
> manual matching
> of orders to payments.

Should be an automated process, too.

> There are a dozen other payment methods that could be used on the store, but
> it seems
> hopelessly stuck in 1996.

Yeah, and you go to a bank and throw papers in or send cheques? Where or
when do you live? In the 80's?