On Mar 14 01:52:15, k...@goyman.com wrote:
> I use OpenBSD for all my network gears except wireless access points.

Same here.

> My current access points are getting old and I'd like to replace them.
> I did a bit of researches and there are quite some boards
> supported by OpenBSD, but I cannot find one that tick all my boxes.

To be sure: you want to replace a dedicated HW AP (such as a TP-Link)
with an OpenBSD box to be your AP?

I used to run that with athn(4) in an ALIX,
or more recently with athn(4) in an APU,
but a cheap-o TP-Link gadget still beats that,
in my experience: faster and more reliable.

Of course, you have a separete non-opnebsd box to care about.
But once isolated to do just the AP'ing, I have had no problems.

On Mar 13 21:28:26, grobe...@gmail.com wrote:
> I use (and I believe there are others on here who do as well) an external
> WAP, that handles only the wireless connections, with DHCP, routing,
> firewalling, etc., handled by a separate OpenBSD box, the WAP being used
> only as a bridge.

Yes.

> For the OpenBSD hardware portion, you could try https://pcengines.ch APU

Yes.

> > If you don't mind having a small Linux machine running Java 8

Surely that is well beyond the realm of sane requirements
for running an AP ...

On Mar 14 17:37:26, stua...@longlandclan.id.au wrote:
> > Aren't unifi AP notorious for phoning home?
> Mine are sitting on a largely isolated VLAN for management purposes.

Are you logging the blocked traffic of them calling home?
Have you looked at what they are trying to do? (Just curious.)

        Jan