On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 02:31:13PM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Roaming decisions are client-side though there are some things an AP can
> do to influence them.

At present, with non communicating AP, the android clients are holding
to their AP for way too long. For example if I enable wifi in the
garden, it pairs with the garden AP to get a strong signal, but as I
move in the house to the basement, it holds to the garden AP with like
1% signal even if the basement AP is literraly next to it, and I have to
disable-enable wifi on the phone to force it to change, otherwise it
doesn't. I heard that controller based AP "fleet" can mitigate that by
kicking devices that are on the "wrong" AP. But I am not sure how it
works in practice as I only read about it and it is not any standard.

--
Nicolas Goy

https://www.kuon.ch
https://www.goyman.com