On 2024-04-25, Wolfgang Pfeiffer <r...@gmx.net> wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Harald Dunkel <ha...@afaics.de> -----
> This morning I've got a HUNSN RJ43 network appliance with N100 and
> 4 2.5Gbit network interfaces. Problem: The keyboard is lost at boot
> time. It still worked at the boot> prompt, but in OpenBSD's installer
> menu or at the login prompt it is ignored. I have to pull it out and
> plug it into another socket to make OpenBSD 7.5 recognize it, but
> even this workaround fails sometimes.
> Another 15+ years old USB keyboard works out of the box, so maybe the
> keyboard is to blame here. It worked fine on other hosts running
> OpenBSD 7.4 or 7.5, though.
>
> BIOS had been reset to the defaults. dmesg output is attached, of
> course. Every helpful idea is highly appreciated. I would be glad
> to help to track down this problem.

So another keyboard works with this machine, and this keyboard works
with other machines.

I suspect some quirk with the keyboard that interacts with a quirk in
the BIOS.

If there are options to change things to do with keyboard device
emulation / USB legacy support / 8042 emulation / port 60/64 emulation
then it might be worth toggling to see if they help. Or look for
different BIOS/UEFI versions for the machine. This class of hardware is
not exactly known for high quality firmware.