PJ wrote:

This is a great start for a new system.
Temper, temper.
If anyone had taken seriously all the problems and hormanure I have had
to put up with for the last two they would have either gone out and done
something stupid to someone else or to themselves... I have to vent my
frustrations somewhere and whatever got in the way was a target... lucky
I'm a peacful guy but I sure don't like some of the shit I've been
putting up with, especially recently.  I just can't believe this
absurdly stupid lg dvd drive not booting... it writes the dvds allright,
but why the hell doesn't it read or boot from them? I'll know tomorrow
when I return the damned thing.
                                        -Marcus Watts

It's a good thing misc@ is here to provide you with free counseling service, all the technical talk is just filler. Cleaning the horseshit out of one's ears (eyes?) and listening to good advice is also a good way to avoid the frustration in the first place.

Just for fun I downloaded ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.5/i386/install45.iso, burned it to a cd and tried to boot it. It came up with some crazy message about "conversion to baby mulching machine initiated...". I got scared cause I got like 20 gypsy babies in cages behind my desk and they're worth like $2k US apiece! I hit the breaker just in time to save the babies but my machine is ruined. Now it's only good for peeing on. Hmm PJ, maybe you got a point.

-noah