On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 07:25:25PM -0500, neal hogan wrote:
> > > Temper, temper.
> > >
> > If anyone had taken seriously all the problems and hormanure I have had
> > to put up with for the last two they would have either gone out and done
> > something stupid to someone else or to themselves... I have to vent my
> > frustrations somewhere and whatever got in the way was a target... lucky
> > I'm a peacful guy but I sure don't like some of the shit I've been
> > putting up with, especially recently.  I just can't believe this
> > absurdly stupid lg dvd drive not booting... it writes the dvds allright,
> > but why the hell doesn't it read or boot from them? I'll know tomorrow
> > when I return the damned thing.
> > >                                   -Marcus Watts
>
> Is that an apology for your obnoxious behavior (in your very first misc@
> thread, I might add)?
>
> We all have had trouble at one time or another and if you would have
> opened up about what you've done and with what, you may have gotten more
> help. You stil have yet to provide answers to many of the basic,
> help-inducing questions that have been asked. I hope you provide more
> info tomorrow (after you've rested and calmed down), so that we can get
> our situation under control.

Just today I was explaining to a friend why recommending an OS is almost
always a bad idea.  Especially OpenBSD.  If it's the right system for
them, they'll usually find it on their own.  Nobody here wants (or
deserves) this sort of unprovoked nonsense.

The OpenBSD community is a very fun and helpful bunch.  But we're not
good at suffering fools or assholes.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting