On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Michael Hanke wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 23.30, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> >
> >     "cvs update" is your friend <grin>
> >
> Mmmh... That's what I tried to do. But autoconf/automake (invoked by autogen)
> failed with many undefined macros/errors etc. So I gave up.

        If you've recent versions of the tools then it should work fine -
        works here on OS/X, Suse 9.0,  BSD/OS and FreeBSD.

        automake 1.7.3 and autoconf 2.57 work well.   libtool 1.4.x is what
        i use on most systems but OS/X came with libtool 1.5 and that had
        no problems (with mjpegtools, the mpeg4ip project has issues with
        libtool-1.5).

        Try it again but instead of giving up post the results and we'll
        see what we can do to help.   You'll need the various development
        packages installed (glib, X, perhaps SDL) of course.  Once the
        requirements are satisfied then ./autogen.sh should work.