Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Anyway, let's stop talking about "you" and "we", we are all "we" :) No
>competition, only collaboration. James is working on this application,
>which is in pretty good stage (James?), why in the world would you want to
>write something else from scratch? James' tool will be able to index jobs,
>ISPs, application, modules whatever... So I think that the best idea would
>be to join James, and in a joint effort deliver it sooner, influencing on
>the way the final set of features... But as always, I might be wrong, so
>it's just an idea... I'm very delighted to know that you started to work
>on the new site and I'm in no way would try to stop or provide
>deconstructing thoughts :)

Since you asked :), I thought I'd give a brief description of where
the code is:
  Fresh::Index - Database viewer - provides indexes and record views
  Fresh::User  - Manages user accounts - requests, editing, resetting
  Fresh::DBI   - Manages direct database interaction - used by other
                 Fresh:: modules

  I would put Fresh::Index at 75% finished, Fresh::User at 50% and
Fresh::DBI at 80%.  Module configuration is a combination of
database tables and PerlSetVar directives.  Fresh::Index needs a bit
more configurability and Fresh::DBI needs to treat user data and
application data as unconnected, allowing one user database for
a set of application databases (mod_perl, mod_php, ...).
--
James Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 409-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix