> >I'm very excited about you picking the flag and actually doing the
> >redesign. Since modperl.sourcegarden.org is a sister site of
> >perl.apache.org, the two will be tighlty reconnected. We are going to
> >absorb some of the pages from the current mod_perl site. I'm talking about
> >3rd party modules, jobs, ISPs, success stories and other. We want to put
> >them into a DB with web admin interface, by using Jsmes' 'fresh'
> >application
>
> We were planning to put a good deal of the stuff into a db too I think. I
> guess it doesn't matter too much if we have duplicated content as long as
> it is in sync. We will have to take into account what you are doing so that
> we can cross-link whenever it makes sense.

Of course it does matter not to have the stuff duplicated, since it's a
nightmare to keep 2 things in sync, but why should we doing that? I don't
see any reason... We wanted to do that to complement the current site, if
you are going to do that anyway, there is no reason, why we wouldn't put
our efforts to create other useful things...

Anyway, let's stop talking about "you" and "we", we are all "we" :) No
competition, only collaboration. James is working on this application,
which is in pretty good stage (James?), why in the world would you want to
write something else from scratch? James' tool will be able to index jobs,
ISPs, application, modules whatever... So I think that the best idea would
be to join James, and in a joint effort deliver it sooner, influencing on
the way the final set of features... But as always, I might be wrong, so
it's just an idea... I'm very delighted to know that you started to work
on the new site and I'm in no way would try to stop or provide
deconstructing thoughts :)

Stas Bekman  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.singlesheaven.com/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC at  www.singlesheaven.com/stas/TULARC
www.apache.org  & www.perl.com  == www.modperl.com  ||  perl.apache.org