Hi there,

More topical:

Well I think we've done that one.  It seems that if not actually an
error the documents conspire to confuse.  Certainly one for the errata
even if it's not really wrong.  I have a couple of dozen other notes
about the Eagle Book, is there a CVS snapshot of the errata somewhere?
Or something like that?  I'd be glad to contribute/modify/whatever.

Less topical:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Bakki Kudva wrote:

> the word hyphen (according to Webster) from Greek hyph'hen meaning
> "under one" would seem to mean the underscore while the punctuation
> mark for hyphen is '-'.

Would this be an electronic Webster?  It's a little short on content.

The word `hyphen' is late latin.  Its first recorded use in English
seems to be about 1620 [OED].  It means in Latin exactly what we mean
by it today.  The simliar Greek word of the four (er, Greek) letters
upsilon-phi-epsilon-nu means a symbol like the one which is used with
the phonetic alphabet (at least in England) to denote a short vowel
such as both `a's in `amoeba'.  It looks like an upside-down curved
cicumflex or an opening parthenthesis rotated anti-clockwise through
90 degrees.  It is always placed over the vowel.

Sorry, nohow do we get anything you could call an underscore.

73,
Ged.

PS: Stas, erratum = one of them.  Er, it.
          errata = more than one of them:)