Jason Bodnar writes:
> I guess my big problem with the ORA conference last year was that all the
> tutorials I attended last year tried to cover the basics and didn't lead
> enough time for in-depth informaiton.

Yup, I agree.  The level of the material offered, though, is in the
hands of the program chair.  So when I put together the Perl
conference tutorials, I try to make sure that at any one time there's
something that *I* would like to see, as well as something that a less
advanced (more intermediate) programmer might want to attend.  So this
year there's Damian Conway's "making your mind go boom with OO in Perl"
talks, as well as MjD's hardcore Perl.

The modperl program chair could decide to have a "how to get started"
tutorial as well as a "popping the hood and attacking the transmission
with a wrench" tutorial.  In fact, I hope that'd happen.  In some ways
the program chair is limited to the tutorials that people offer: if
nobody is interested in giving a tutorial on pushing Mason to its
limits, it can't be offered.

By the way, now's the time to start thinking of topics and tutorials
and other material for the 2001 conference.  The earlier the program
chair can start hounding folks for talks and tutorials, the better.

Nat