Leslie Mikesell writes:
> personal styles of perl coding are involved.  It would be
> nice if some outlines/slides of the material could be online
> before the signup deadlines and the actual session could
> spend more time in discussion and question/answer than
> covering the overview.

(getting away from mod_perl here, sorry)

We hear and obey.  This year's conference has quite detailed
descriptions of the tutorials.  For example:

  Apache::ASP
    Joshua Chamas
    Tuesday, 7/18/2000 at 8:45 AM

  Who Should Attend:
    Web developers who have used CGI.pm,
    mod_perl, or IIS/ASP; and Web designers who
    want to make their sites dynamic. A basic
    understanding of Perl, object oriented Perl, and
    HTML would be helpful.

  Learn how to build a full-featured Web site with
  Apache::ASP, exploring the ins and outs of
  mixing HTML with Perl; session user tracking
  and logins; ASP Web events; SSI include code
  modularization; object methods and banner
  serving; performance tuning; Web clustering;
  and XML rendering embedded with HTML &
  Perl.

  Course Outline:
    Syntax(creating a live Web page by
    embedding Perl into HTML)
    User tracking
    Events (Making a Web site more like an
    application)
    Modularity
    Objects
    Performance tuning
    Web clustering
    XML and Apache::ASP
    Future of Apache::ASP

I encourage tutors to leave more time for Q&A, but that's up to the
individual tutor's discretion.

Nat