brian moseley wrote:

> On Thu, 18 May 2000, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
> > I'm getting more confident about calling it
> > Apache::Request::Form (no "s", for name similarity with
> > CGI::Form) now. It is dependent on Apache::Request,
> > after all, and reusing the CGI::Form name makes it look
> > more general than it really is, not to mention any
> > strange version skew effects CPAN.pm might introduce
> > when people try to install things.
>
> are you still planning to subclass Apache::Request? why?
> what benefit do you get, if the only method from
> Apache::Request you need is param()? unnecessary coupling..
I personally have code that puts a CGI.pm object in the object ($self),
which is then used for both HTML generation AND fetching params AND
cookies.

For example, I have lines like 'my $val = $self->{CGI}->param('blah')'
as well as 'my $form = $self->{CGI}->popup_menu(-name=>'blah', ...)'.
The effect is to emulate CGI.pm, while being leaner & simpler.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.