On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 11:24:10PM -0700, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> business about being parsed twice only applies to Apache's config file
> and <Perl> sections in it, not to your modules.

A little followup: Looking at the mod_perl source, I see that INC is
tinkered with in a lot of places. Removing modules from %INC would result
in exactly the kind of behaviour I described.  Unfortunately I don't know
under which circumstances this happens, so I am still egaer to find out
why and when this happens, and how to shield my application against that.

I also forgot (uh-oh) to describe my system configuration (sorry, it was
5am): Currently, I use perl5.6 + mod_perl-1.23, but I see the behaviour
since at least perl5.005_03 + mod_perl-1.21. The system is linux + apache
1.3.12 (problem seen since apache-1.3.9).