[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marc Lehmann) wrote:
>> flag to keep from compiling again and checking $@ yourself, so you're
>> getting around these problems, but the file form of do is generally a red
>> flag.
>
>This is just as saying "division is a bad thing in general, because it
>let's you try to divide by zero".

As a math teacher, I must point out that dividing by zero really *is*
bad, so perhaps we really *should* outlaw division.  Let people multiply
by the reciprocal.

One of my students divided by zero and the rest of us had to clean up
the mess for weeks afterwards.  Pulp everywhere!  Much worse than trying
to take the square root of a negative number, which just gives you a
Pavlovian shock and sends you on your way.

( =), of course)

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum