On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 11:55:09AM -0700, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I was under the impression that you cannot configure Apache from a
> > PerlRequire. If that is not the case (and somehow works) I'd really like
> > to get away from perlsections.
>
> You can only configure Apache from <Perl> sections, but you can load all
> your modules, shared data, etc. from a file pulled in with PerlRequire.

However, that makes no difference. So the easiest solution is to not
support PerlFreshRestart :)

> > You cannot redefine closures as well.
>
> Closures are a confusing aspect of perl, and I could easily be mistaken
> about them, but Randal and Doug seem to agree that this is a closure:

Then the perl documentation is in error (but does not need to be fixed ;)

> When this code gets parsed, the $x goes out of scope at the end of the
> block, but &show_x keeps a copy of it.
>
> I think that this is the source of the behavior you saw where it looked
> like there were multiple versions of subs and variables being created.

Yepp.

> Anyway, I was just trying to help you solve your problem.  There's no need
> to get defensive.

Sorry, it's just that I was accused as being a microsoft troll, accused of
being too dumb to understand that you have to use my with mod_perl and worse,
by three people in private who thought I fell into the old trap of reusing
globals with Apache::Registry.

So I guess yes, I was being over-defensive. I'm sorry.