Stas Bekman wrote:

> > > Excellent question. I was planning to initially host the document on my
> > > home page. But I'm sure that wouldn't last for too long. I guess the
> > > initial maintainer would be me, but I would have no problem expanding
> > > that list in the future. Which brings up the question - how would it be
> > > maintained? CVS? I'm all ears...
> >
> > Let's create a http://sourceforge.net project for it, which will give us
> > an instant CVS and mailing list (for people working on the documents), and
> > allow everyone to see the work in progress.  Once it's together, we can
> > figure out how to get onto perl.com and/or perl.apache.org.
>
> Documentation maintenance is a different process from code maintenance.
> I'm telling this on the base of working on the guide in the last 1.5
> years. The maintainer is responsible for keeping the document clean and
> consistent.
>
> Therefore it really makes things better if there is an owner of the
> documentation project and people submitting the patches to him or her.
>
> Drew, once you get an initial doc, we will give you a CVS access to the
> modperl-site repository, which is given to all people who do
> significant contribution to the project. It shouldn't take a long time.
Sounds great. Hopefully I will be able to have a first version out this
weekend. I have been slammed at work this week, so I'll most likely be
doing the writing on my personal time. I'll post when & where the first
draft will be located. After that we can talk CVS.

BTW, you probably don't remember me, but we briefly met at ApacheCon and
I attended your mod_perl classes there (and enjoyed them). :-)

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.