On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Drew Taylor wrote:
> Having recently discovered the joy of CVS, I look forward to it. Awfully
> nice to able to roll back to a previous version - although (knock on
> wood!) I haven't had to use it yet.

I can help if you get stuck.

> > I hope that you write the doc is POD :)
>
> I suppose I could... I was planning on having a nice checklist of
> features/systems that would be a pain to do in a fixed width font. An
> HTML table would make my life MUCH easier there. Is there something in
> POD that makes tables easier?

Write the text in POD, and put the checklist data in with some neutral
format.  Then we can use a customized pod2html converter on it to generate
a pretty table.  XML would be a nice way to store the raw data.  This
might end up being kind of big for an in-line, so we could do something
like "=table data_file.xml" and keep it in a separate file.  (Or is it
better to use "=for html" and put the rest inside that, so that it still
passes syntax checks for standard POD?)

Stas, do you have code available for the guide generator?  That might come
in handy.

Drew, if this all sounds like too much trouble for the first draft and you
already started in HTML, I'd say just finish that up and we'll distill it
into POD later.  (html2pod?)

- Perrin