"Aaron E. Ross" wrote:

>    database abstraction and connection pooling => DBI
>    session management                          => Apache::Session
>    load balancing                              => mod_backhand??
>    data relational mapping                     => Tangram or Alzabo
>    templates or whatever you want to call them => HTML::Embperl/Mason/TemplateToolkit
>    ide => pick an editor with a few hooks to call make, install and restart

        I'd say that load balancing is too involved an issue to make it
into a
package, I'd leave it aside, as anyone actually needing it will be
certainly building his apaches manually.

        And I would also leave the IDE aside, (although I think I have a
great
candidate[1]). IDEs are very personal things, and users are sometimes
very attached to theirs ... so much that merely installing an IDE is
sometimes an offence.

        [1] Having grown up in a cushioned, fancy VB 3.0 IDE, I still
find both
vi, emacs and textmode debug too harsh for me. So I've been toying with
the early releases of Komodo
(http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/Komodo.html) and I actually like it
although its far from finished. Has anyone used/tested it?

martin