Thanks for pointing that out, or I could just use compress.  As far as the
$$$ goes you need to spend money to start a business lets see if there is a
market first.  Another thing we could add is interbase to the list or break
it up into 3 or more packages that are integrated out of the box, call it
rev 2( with no rev 1 yet).  here is what I see if I do that later:
1: apache/perl/modperl/dbi/dbd for all supported db and there client
code/ldap client
2: open ldap/berkelydb
3: postgress
4: interbase
5: mysql
... more stuff here
N: auxiliary package gcc/gmake and what ever else

these components would all have to work out of the box with each other, I
install 1 on my web server and 2 on my ldap box and it works or I install
both on 1 box and it works.

Everything should go under 1 directory
/opt/something/(apache|ldap|postgress) etc.

This will be a good deal of not fun work though.

The way to idiot proof something is to not listen to idiots, this is where
it goes and that is the end of it.  Give people a list of where each default
is web root, datafiles for interbase postgres openldap in a step by step pre
install guide and have them start at step 1 and go to step N and you have
installed the package(s) you need.

marc