> I think there are two paths... mod_perl needs more market-awareness... it
> needs a PR and marketing company.. then companies will start using it, then
> there will be more dreams jobs like you described.. simple fact is, I
> couldn't name more then 3 companies in my area who use it, and I never
> expect to do work with it again.

that's the long term path, we won't survive without a support from the
outside. It's hard to have a garage kind of a startup these days.

> Other path--- start your own company who has some product or web based
> service which uses mod_perl as their platform of choice.. market it, and
> sell it.. takes capital, but..nothing the collective efforts of an open
> source community couldn't do... gotta have that idea though..

Hey, we have a product -- mod_perl. All we need is to nicely pack it,
start selling it, support it and put the money back into mod_perl R&D.
Most of the big companies are still reluctant to accept the fact that
something can be available for free. They are ready to pay for it, as long
as you provide a support.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/