On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> Well, does this product actually have any users to compete for?  GUI
> builders usually don't work for anything but the most trivial websites
> that could be written in anything and do fine.  People seem to come to
> mod_perl because they need more performance or more control than they
> can get from CGI.

Agree.

> I'm not sure I want to try and draw in users who can't program at all.

Tangential thought: we may not want to draw individual non-programmers but
we undoubtably do work with non-programmers - artists and HTML "writers".
I think a GUI system that made it easier for these non-programmers to
interface with our creations would have some utility.  I've got a
half-baked module sitting in my workspace, HTML::Template::Explorer, that
was an attempt to do something along these lines for HTML::Template.  I
didn't get very far before I realized I didn't have a strong enough design
to be coding...

-sam