Hi y'all,

>> At 3:43 PM -0500 4/3/02, Bill McCabe wrote:

> >output options: HTML, Excel (Spreadsheet::WriteExcel), and PDF. For PDF
output
> >I've been using PDF::Create, which has been at version .01 since 1999. It
has
> >worked flawlessly for my purposes for a couple of years, but is very
> >limited. In
> >fine form-follows-function fashion, the end users would now like the
> >PDF output
> >gussied up with graphics, etc. Does anyone have any strong (positive or
> >negative) recommendations for which module(s) I should migrate to?

> Robert Landrum wrote:
> Actually, I used PDF::API2.   I've used it for graphics and others
> and have contributed patches to the source (which may or may not have
> been included, but which aren't critical for general use).
>
> The only downside is that it is poorly documented (in my opinion),
> but determination overruled and  I've used it quite for all types of
> applications (including dynamic fill-out-and-download applications).
>
> The speed isn't great, but if it's a low traffic application, it
> shouldn't be a problem.

Just wanted to second Robert's recommendation. We use PDF::API2 as well for
a client, and it arrived just in time. The key for us was that PDF::API2
allows us to edit a PDF file, so we can start with a template and just make
a few changes. We needed to be able to start with a PDF file supplied by a
client and just make some edits to the file on the fly based on user input.

It's a bit less stable than other modules I've used, but it's young and
rapidly improving.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]