On April 3, 2002 12:43 pm, Bill McCabe wrote:
> I have a large number of mod_perl modules that connect to various
> databases and generate workflow performance reports for my organization.
> I give the users 3 output options: HTML, Excel
> (Spreadsheet::WriteExcel), and PDF. For PDF output I've been using
> PDF::Create, which has been at version .01 since 1999. It has worked
> flawlessly for my purposes for a couple of years, but is very limited.
> In fine form-follows-function fashion, the end users would now like the
> PDF output gussied up with graphics, etc. Does anyone have any strong
> (positive or negative) recommendations for which module(s) I should
> migrate to?

We've been using the Text::PDF modules here ourselves on several projects,
all with great success.  Is a bit low-level, though, which may not be
quite what you're looking for.  There's also a Text::PDF::API2 package on
CPAN which takes the low-level stuff and presents a higher-level API to
help you in building up your PDF documents.  We needed something that'd
give us ultimate low-level control over PDF entities so we went with
Text::PDF ourselves, but both of them work quite well.

--
Graham TerMarsch
Howling Frog Internet Development, Inc.   http://www.howlingfrog.com

// DEC diagnostics would run on a dead whale. -- Mel Ferentz