F.Xavier Noria wrote:
> I have the Eagle book but have not buyed the Cookbook yet. I wonder
> whether the way Perl modules are written nowadays is going to be
> significantly altered by Apache 2.0. If it won't, I'll definitely buy
> it this weekend.

The short answer:

You "can" run your old code unaltered

A bit longer answer:

Under prefork mpm (forked server) you only need to add

use Apache::compat;

in your startup file and 99.9% of the 1.x code will work the same,
though some things may be a bit slower.
See for incomplete details:
http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html
http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/docs/2.0/api/mod_perl-2.0/Apache/compat.html
Under worker mpm and other threaded mpms, if the code is not thread-safe
  (mostly on the C level) it won't work properly.

The complete answer is under development, partly covered in the above
URLs and will most likely be improved when modperl 2.0 gets released.
You are welcome to help. Join the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.

In any case modperl 1.x is here to stay for a few years to come. It will
take a while before the majority will move to 2.0. So the 1.x books are
very relevant now and still be a year from now and even later.

p.s. I didn't want to add to the noise with 'me too' in first place, but
since I've replied to this, get both books: they'll save you a lot in
the long run. Both books are great!