Drew is correct, EOF stands for "Enterprise Object Framework".
However, it's not "part of" the WebObjects app server... it predates WO
by a long time (I think it's about 9 or 10 years old) happens to come
with WO but is completely separate from it.

On Friday 14 June 2002 11:27, Drew Taylor wrote:
> For those of you (like me) who didn't know what EOF is, it stands for
> Enterprise Object Framework and is part of Apple's WebObjects app
> server. Which has moved on to Java, and thus is OT. :-) But I've
> heard many good things about WebObjects, so it's on my wish list of
> technologies to investigate.

WO is amazing, no two ways about it.  Once you use it, everything else
sucks.  There are no exceptions.

Kyle Dawkins
Central Park Software