gunther wrote:

Chris Shiflett wrote:

--- gunther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

www.mod_perl.com (doesn't exist)
www.mod_perl.org (doesn't exist)

A small point, and I would have to double-check, but I don't believe
underscores are allowed in domain names. You'd want to replace those with
hyphens.

Right, and that brings up another thing I want to change! :) Actually you are right. Technically underscores are not allowed although I think some DNS servers and clients may support it (esp. from the microsoft world?). Even though the original? DNS RFC supports hyphens, I remember that many years ago when I worked for red-cross.org, the hyphen worked OK on the server and many clients, but some email clients didn't like the hyphen at all and said it was an invalid domain name if someone wanted to send email to us. So eventually it was changed to redcross.org.

But if some clients do support underscore, since mod_perl is frequently written with an underscore, may as well get that domain name too in case the client supports it and someone actually types www.mod_perl.com or www.mod_perl.org. But still having modperl.com as a primary project-name related domain name would be there for people who can't type _.

-1. the reason: if it works for some clients people will start linking to it, and having other clients fail to connect.