--- Geoffrey Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> while I realize I'm in the minority with this view (and perrin and
> I have had this discussion/friendly disagreement before :) what _I_
> like about mod_perl cannot be satisfied by anything other than
> mod_perl - I like the Apache API...

Good point, and one I had forgotten. The other SAPIs Perrin mentioned
would be more inline with what PHP offers, I assume, whereas mod_perl
offers much more.

> I think mod_perl more than that, and that is why I feel beaten down
> when nobody seems to care about mod_perl for what it really is, or
> people say you can just swap it out for FastCGI or something and
> things move on. that's when I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Well, surely there are plenty of people fully utilizing mod_perl for all
it's worth. Are there things you can speak/write about more to illustrate
the benefit of the Apache API? Input/output filters seem like one such
thing, and surely there are others. I think most people (e.g., those who
don't subscribe to mailing lists such as this) aren't so interested in
academic debates but more in the practical implications of things. I'm
sure you can appeal to these types of people with the right angle. After
all, you made me a believer, and I'm an "outsider". :-)

Chris