I think if you want to discuss alternatives, then a new thread would be the place to do that.

With regards to plug being pulled, I think that it is up to the community if, when, and how that happens. That's what the point of this thread is. If there aren't people that are committed enough to the project for whatever reason to step up and keep it from going to the attic, then that's what will happen.

Adam