I didn't say there are no developers, I said there is no active development happening. Steve Hay is a developer. Fred Moyer, who replied to this thread earlier this evening, has also made significant contributions to the project. I can dive into the C if I have to, to fix bugs or review code, but I'm likely not going to have the time or skills to make significant changes should they be required.

When significant bugs come up within mod_perl developers from httpd project may also get brought in. That's what happened last time anyway (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2011-2767)

Adam