On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 09:50:05PM -0400, Jim Albert wrote:
> Not that I want to be the guy that says it sounds like we'll be
> pulling the mod_perl plug at any time the right scenario arises, but
> is it reasonable to have a discussion here on mod_perl alternatives
> inline with the various means of using mod_perl from the low level
> means of interfacing with the Apache server to the quick and dirty
> stuff (ModPerl::PerlRun, I believe to keep Perl and modules in
> memory).

It is not that simple.  I have a website that I have maintained on
mod_perl and embperl since 1992.  It is quite massive and moving it is
frankly not reasonable.  modperl and embperl has been remarkably
flexible and resilent over time and I don't see any reason why it can't
be maintained and essentially adapted to the latest apache source.

When it dies. my website wil for all practocality be dead.