* at 14/11 10:25 +0000 Fergal Daly said:
> But what about code that is shared by several CPAN modules but which I
> don't consider to be worth getting up to standard for general use.
> It's not that the code is "trash", it's fine I just can't see anyone
> else wanting to use it, even if it was fully documented.
>
> I suppose I'll just have to upload Class::OhGodNotAnotherMethodMaker,

I really don't see the value of adding this sort of thing to CPAN. If
code's going to go on CPAN as it's own distribution then I think it
should be properly documented and so on. If a distribution needs a
module then either the module should be released to CPAN as a proper
distribution or the module should be included as part of the relevant
distribution.

And if you're including the code in several CPAN modules then
shouldn't the code be up to standard for general use? Just because you
can't see anyone wanting to use it doesn't mean it shouldn't be
documented. Anyone using one of those CPAN modules shouldn't have to
ferret around in source code to realise what your convience methods
are there for.

cheers

Struan