On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:57:28AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]

I think I have a similar concern. Here's my own case: I use a custom
sub-class of CGI::Application that I base most of my web-applications
on. Eventually, I would like to distribute some of these on CPAN, with
several of them referring to the same custom sub-class itself.

However, it don't think the sub-class module itself would be especially
interesting to others-- it might-- but it mostly seems like a set of
personal style choices about how I like to design web-applications.
If it didn't go under an Authors:: namespace, it seems like it would get
some other un-descriptive name like "CGI::Application::MarksSubClass".

It seems like the concern related to "MethodMaker" is similar.

I also agree that "Authors::" seem ripe for abuse-- The point of CPAN is
to share code. If good re-usable code starts to squirrelled aware in
Authors:: where it's hard to find, this community system has lost some
value.

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .