* Fergal Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-11-14 13:10]:
> But what about code that is shared by several CPAN modules but
> which I don't consider to be worth getting up to standard for
> general use. It's not that the code is "trash", it's fine I
> just can't see anyone else wanting to use it, even if it was
> fully documented.

I wasn't saying the code was trash - but a carelessly chosen name
and no documentation do make it clutter..

How about putting the module under the *same* name in all your
distributions that use it? This doesn't avoid duplication on
CPAN, granted - but does avoid it on the user end. Instead of
calling it Test::Deep:MM, Foo::Bar::MM, Baz::Quux::MM etc
depending on the distro, just stick it in all distros under the
same name, maybe something like Class::MyMethodMk.

Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."