On Jan 29, 2008 10:50 AM, Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When a bot complains to me that some arbitrary ancient module has long
> since been abandoned, doesn't work under 5.6.1, it's noise regardless
> of delivery format.  It is unsolicited noise.  "Just delete it" and
> "other people like these messages" are comments heard from commercial
> spammers, no?

It is spam -- in a sense.  It's generally unsolicited.  It's
historical tradition to cc authors -- which is why I want to move away
from email and let notification be an author's choice from a central
source.

> Again, I ask: I would like bot notification to be opt-in only.

You mean rather than a skipfile, have an opt-in file?  I think that's
a good suggestion.  I could add that to CPAN::Reporter fairly quickly,
but someone will have to go upgrade CPANPLUS or CPAN::YACSmoke and
then we have to get all the automated test smokers to upgrade.

David