Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Jan 29, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
>
>> Maybe the most practical option is still the global skip file
>> mentioned by
>> David Golden. Uninterested people would get a single unsollicited
>> email,
>> and would need to opt-out once only.
>

> Except that the global skip file would need to apply to individual
> bots, not the entire cpan-testers architecture.  Again, I have no
> problem with human reports.  It's the bots I mind.

To be honest, it's usually humans that provide the least useful
reports.  The bots do a much better job.

I'm all for the "robots.txt" sort of thing, though.  I would like to get
every FAIL mailed to me without having to subscribe to the cpan-testers
mailing list.  A frequent annoyance is seeing the IRC bot announce a
failure but having to wait an hour for the nntp.perl.org archive to
catch up before I can see what the problem is and start working on a
fix.  (It would be nice if the main cpantesters site updated faster
also, but I'm fine with just email.)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway