On Jan 29, 2008 3:16 AM, Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm, yeah.  That sort of ties-in to the whole thing where cpantesters
> has implemented web services over SMTP.  So, you're probably getting
> mail straight from the tester rather than e.g. the web server checking
> your preferences after receiving the POST and before sending you mail,
> eh?
>
> I imagine some patches to CPANPLUS, Test::Reporter, and a wee bit of CGI
> could clear that up.  Maybe then we could even test on windows.

The recent CPAN::Reporter release supports a 'cc_skipfile' to flag
authors that shouldn't be copied on results.  The problem, of course,
is that we still leave that up to individual testers.

I had suggested on cpan-testers-discuss that we stick a public
skipfile in a repository somewhere (e.g. Alias' open repository) and
let high-volume testers synchronize on that.  But that's very kludgy.

Frankly, it's all going to be bad hacks until CPAN Testers 2.0.

For authors who don't want to be bothered, I'd suggest the easiest
thing is just to filter mail as it comes in.

David