Hmm, yeah.  That sort of ties-in to the whole thing where cpantesters
has implemented web services over SMTP.  So, you're probably getting
mail straight from the tester rather than e.g. the web server checking
your preferences after receiving the POST and before sending you mail,

There's that, but I don't mind SMTP from real people. If a real person has a real problem installing a module he's really going to use, that's great. I will usually reply directly to help the person out, and modify my module appropriately.

When a bot complains to me that some arbitrary ancient module has long since been abandoned, doesn't work under 5.6.1, it's noise regardless of delivery format. It is unsolicited noise. "Just delete it" and "other people like these messages" are comments heard from commercial spammers, no?

Here's an analogue. How about if I start up a bot where I email all the owners of every module if their modules don't run under taint mode? Whether or not you see the validity in it, please consider my point of view on this.

Again, I ask: I would like bot notification to be opt-in only.

Thanks,
xoxo,
Andy

--