Hi!

While i'm a long term perl user (five, six years or so), i just got to upload my first module to PAUSE.

The module is called Maplat and is a framework for intranet web development. But thats not my question, actually.

Ok, so now i uploaded my first module with some 50 or some packages/.pm files and stuff. What actually happens next?

While i read the many documentations and FAQ's, i'm not clear about the next steps. How long will it take to index the module so it's visible on search.cpan.org? How long, until it's available through my CPAN shell?

How does that cpantesters stuff work? It's an automatic thingie, right? I know i don't have enough test scripts (i actually only test if the thing loads at all - i'm not clear how i'm gonna test the framework without a postgresql database and without someone clicking an complaining that "all looks wrong").

I know this questions will probably sound stupid (especially coming from someone with years of perl experience), but i'd rather learn from you than die stooopied ;-)

LG
Rene