Jonathan Yu wrote:
Hi!

Welcome, and thanks for your contribution to the CPAN.

:-)

The module is called Maplat and is a framework for intranet web development.
But thats not my question, actually.
Great! Sounds interesting...

Yeah, i looked at many web frameworks, they are either non-perl or have very strict security. Strict security is nice to have, but for in-house intranet projects it sort of gets in the way if you have to quick-hack a solution very fast... so i invented my own framework. It also spares me of having to install Apache on all those ugly Windows servers: i compile the perl framework - which brings its own webserver - with ActiveState's PDK, just copy[1] the single exe plus my webfiles to the server - tada, work done, coffee time...

This release is not the full kaboodle i have, but thats the first part my employer let me open source. It might have some stability issues, missing docs and such because i had to pull it from my (closed source) company repo - what i have here is about 30% or so - but it works.

We're currently planning to add something like an MS Access clone (but as web interface) during next year, maybe as a Google Summer of Code project. We're still in early discussion, but i'm hopefull ;-)

CPANTesters is an automated service. Many people run "smoke" servers
which test all uploaded PAUSE modules, by building them and reporting
to the central CPAN Testers database. It does this by sending emails
with test results. The standard CPAN shell and CPANPLUS have plugins
to report users' build/test logs to the CPAN Testers service as well.

That would be the Test::Report and similar modules, right?

Of course, without any test scripts, your reports will probably all
just PASS. You'll need to write better tests (and improve your test
coverage) in order to get meaningful results, so I hope you do that
soon.

I know i have to do that. The question is more like "how?". Due to the original specs - which where in-house use only - this thing expects a full-fledged PostgreSQL server. (At work, i have a fully automated test system called "Users" that report errors within minutes by Tele::Phone).

Know any modules that also use PostgreSQL and have test scripts to that create a test database and start a PostgreSQL instance? I don't want to re-invent the wheel but rather C&P a working solution.

LG
Rene

[1] right-click, TortoiseSVN->checkout or ->update