> Too many years in between and too much code changes on PAUSE to have a
> clear view what might be the cause. My current theory is that it's to do
> with a weakness in this META.yml: the "provides" entries in the META.yml
> all have no "file" attribute:

That was my guess too, when looking at it last night. But then I noticed that
the .13 release is similar, so I decided to sleep on it.

I just looked at the Changes file for CPAN::Meta, and there have been some
changes / bug fixes related to handling of provides. So maybe the version being
used by PAUSE when the .13 release was fine with that?

I just checked the spec (CPAN::Meta::Spec), which says that the "file" key is
required (https://metacpan.org/pod/CPAN::Meta::Spec#file1). Can you do a .16
release please Steve, with a file: key for each module listed in the provides:
section.

Neil