On misreading Lila in its entirety......

PLATT:
> Are you saying that patterns of Quality cannot be substantive, discrete,
> knowing? If so, then I’ve misread Lila in its entirety. Can we not
> attribute any properties to patterns of Quality?

ELEPHANT:
We can attribute any property we like to patterns of quality.  Awareness is
*not* a property.

(A property would be a property of an *object* - but the reality of
awareness is, like that of quality, prior to both subjects and objects.
That is the same as saying that awareness is prior to (the operation of)
language.  Being prior to language it is also prior to atoms, which are
linguistic entities.)

P.E.