Roger:

Let's see if I can clear up the confusion: You wrote:

> And what is with the redefinition now of "awareness" away from conventional
> usage and instead to 'experience'?  If you wanted to say that atoms are
> experience, or atoms are quality or atoms are value patterns, then why didn't
> you say so?

I don't say atoms are experience. I say they experience. I don't say they
are value. I say they value. I don't say they are preferences. I say (like
Pirsig) they prefer. Yes, I agree they are quality or value patterns, but
with sense perceptions and a capacity to want or desire, just as you
and I are quality and value patterns with sense perceptions and a
capacity to want or desire. The difference is in degree, not in kind.

If baffles me why you find awareness and experience to be worlds
apart. Is it possible to experience without being aware?

Looking forward to your theory of evolution.

Platt