In a message dated 2/20/2009 12:23:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mosaic-requ...@literacyworkshop.org writes:

think scripts have a place for some teachers especially if

Just food for thought:)  Did any of us in our journey through learning how to
teach comprehension strategies and transforming our classrooms into literate
rich communities ever use "Debbie Millers script"?  "Did you say over and over
again "So, how did that help you as a reader?" so many times that you felt it
was a recording?  Possibly, but I bet you moved on to even deeper
conversation. You moved on with your readers and where they were in their
journey.  I
sure did use those scripts and sometimes still do. . .  especially when
something
is still new to me.    But, I am a thinking teacher and appreciate Debbie and
Lucy's  words as a model and use them until they become comfortable and
become my own versions. . .  until I am able to move past them and mold my own
words according to the readers I  am with and their needs. Thank you so much
Lucy
for giving me the "think about reading worker script I love to use!  Thank you
so much to the "Learning Pad" site that has some wonderful scripting.  I did
not think of any of these great ideas, but used the ideas to aide my own
understanding and thinking.   Do we not provide scripts for our own readers in
our
classroom as we model conversations in reader's share each day?  Eventually,
they are asking these same questions of others and more importantly of
themselves when they think about their thinking.  "Scripts" can have their
place in
learning. Starting with a script of some sort doesn't mean one is going to rely
on them always but is just using it as a jumping point. Some may not ever need
them, some may.   Just my thoughts.

Cynthia Hart
Lexington
**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.