Debbie,
And, whose idea is this learning "to teach the right way" that these DI scripts
spouse?  There is no right way to teach.  There are philosophies which then
guide our teaching practices.  The teaching practices in DI programs are
clearly scripted so that there is minimal out of the box thinking and everyone
is on the same step at the same time (philosophy).   There is no regard for
different size thinking, rather there is disregard for the messy life of the
classroom.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

Scripts make sure we "learn to teach the right way" so that we can then
incorporate those techniques and make them our own.