At the Moz Dev Day there seemed to be considerable interest in creating XUL-Based apps. More easy-to-find, easy-to-understand documentation regarding the DOM/JavaScript side should be made available. Either that or the creation should be made easier. That is why, IMHO, perl is so popular. Doing this would make Moz a more popular platform for Remote Apps.

It's more than that, too. Mozilla is somewhat isolated from other programming technologies at the moment. d.m.o needs to build bridges from what people know to Mozilla.

Now that we're seeing libraries like PHP/PEAR's XUL modules,
there's opportunity for PHP peple to participate in Mozilla in a
way that makes sense for what they already know. We can help
with that.

- Nigel.