Clover wrote:

If I begin with a FAQ of 10 questions, then it grows to 50, and then to 100... so I split the FAQ into separate files. At the end of the process, all questions in misc.html are moved to the appropriate file. Now, does it make sense for me to keep the misc.html URI?

You should never have a URI called "misc.html" in the first place. ;-) But if you did, and the content goes away, then the URI should redirect to the index, or the most appropriate content. Or just contain an archived version of the original with directions to the new.

Gerv