c tanner wrote:

> At the Moz Dev Day there seemed to be considerable interest in creating
> XUL-Based apps.  More easy-to-find, easy-to-understand documentation
> regarding the DOM/JavaScript side should be made available.  Either that
> or the creation should be made easier.  That is why, IMHO, perl is so
> popular.  Doing this would make Moz a more popular platform for Remote
> Apps.

I agree.  That is the main reason why I'm interested in Mozilla+XUL.  I'm a
web developer by trade, writing complex intranet applications for vertical
markets (currently in the broadband ISP arena).  The limitations of DHTML
are staggering, and the alternative to going with Mozilla is to drop the
flexible web development paridigm and go back to a Perl/Tk or
Perl/wxWindows interface.

I feel the documentation currently available for XUL is excellent.  What I
feel is lacking is the DOM/JavaScript docs.