At the Moz Dev Day there seemed to be considerable interest in creating XUL-Based apps. More easy-to-find, easy-to-understand documentation regarding the DOM/JavaScript side should be made available. Either that or the creation should be made easier. That is why, IMHO, perl is so popular. Doing this would make Moz a more popular platform for Remote Apps.

Clover wrote:
Michael A Nachbaur wrote:

Suffice to say, I've been tired of the lack of documentation for the
DOM/JavaScript side of Mozilla development, and true to OSS form (e.g. "If
you can do it, but don't, then you don't have any right to complain") I set
out to remedy the situation.

Netscape DevEdge maintains many web developer docs. mozilla.org has some, but they are mostly (if not all) from former Netscape employees. mozilla.org doesn't have enough people interested in writing Web developer docs.

Have you looked at WiKi's? We people at the Taiwanese Mozilla user community have only recently started serious documentation/translation effort and we are making great progress. We are using a discussion forum hosted by the localization project and two (hijacked) WiKi's. We haven't got any rule. Just efforts.