Christopher Jahn typed:
> And it came to pass that blackbox wrote:
>

>>"Jonas Jørgensen" wrote
>>
>>>If they are accepted by a recognized, trustworthy,
>>>independent, standard-defining organization. For instance:
>>>
>>>Internet Engineering Task Force Request For Comments:
>>>http://www.ietf.org/rfc
>>>
>>>World Wide Webconsortium Recommendations:
>>>http://www.w3.org/TR/#Recommendations
>>>

>>    what makes them has that recognition, be trustworthy,
>>    and be able to
>>define an standard?
>

> This group was established to create the World Wide Web in the
> first place.   They did it by defining the standards that would
> allow software to be created that could use the standards to
> browse the internet.  Without the standards set up by the W3c in
> the first place, there could be no WWW.

False. It would of formed. No one group can claim to have founded the
world wide web.

> This is why they are the recognized international organization
> that sets the standards for the WWW.

Wrong. They are one of many groups that makes this claim. It is
interesting that the mozilla.org site is non-w3c compliant. When it is,
let me know.

>>I have visited those sites many times, and i still have not
>>found when, where, how and why the standard was born.
>

> Look at the creation date of the Consortium.

The w3c is irrelvant. Nothing but pro-Linux, MS hating folks.

--
Kyle
"It is possible to store the mind with a million